Special Press - Help My Friend Fund Relocation for Education
Special Press - Help My Friend Fund Relocation for Education
A friend of mine has reached out to me and requested that I feature their story and fundraiser on my blog. I figured that the worst that can happen is my blog post buffer gets a little cushion.
So, here it is, straight from my friend's mouth!
I'm raising funds to relocate for a trade program that will change my life!
Hello, there. I have never written a press release before, so I will see how this goes. I am a transmasculine artist, much like my friend who is willing to host some space on their blog for me (bless you, Echo). I currently live in Tennessee, and I am on a mission to raise funds to get me to a safer state. Tennessee is a state that is growing increasingly hostile to trans people, and its economy is steadily growing worse for everyone. My future where I am is bleak, and it is definitely going nowhere here. I have discovered that MCTC has a six-month trade program starting in September to teach people how to repair bikes. It is a career path that I believe I will thrive in and will give me more stability than my art ever will. My big obstacle is that I currently don't have housing, nor do I have money to pay for it. I'm doing several things on my end. Reaching out to organizations, marketing this fundraiser on my own terms with a Facebook burner account, connecting with people, applying for jobs, applying for scholarships, and more. I just figured I could have a GoFundMe, as the boost will never hurt. By helping me get to Minneapolis safely, you are not only changing a queer artist's life (and potentially saving it), but you are also helping the city's cycling community grow. You're setting a future technician up for success who will give back by learning a skill and applying it to ensure that all bikes can be ridden properly and safely, no matter the weather. The money will go solely to the move, and any extra will either be saved or go to one of three places: 1. Personal savings 2. Basic needs 3. Minneapolis' cycling community In that order. Thank you for reading my story. Even viewing and sharing the GoFundMe will help increase its visibility. You can send $5 to it or straight to me on my Venmo, both of which are linked.Venmo: @Riley-Williams-197

Comments
Post a Comment
Feel free to respectfully share your own perspective!