Il Gatto Dorma - A Short Story

Learning Italian is something that I enjoy doing, and now I'm at the point where I'm writing short stories as a way to practice using the language. I figured that since it is something I will be doing anyways, and I enjoy sharing my works, I can make my job a little easier and share what I wrote.

I did ask on social media if people would be interested, but results were inconclusive. So, I'm giving this idea a bit of a pilot run. If this post performs around what my blog posts normally do, then there will be around one story a month, and you can witness my growth in a second language.

If not, then this would just be a small, experimental blip of trying something new that simply didn't work out.

Either way, I hope you enjoy reading the story and find it fun. The English version will be provided below.

Il Gatto Dorma

Il gatto è una creatura piccola e nera. Il suo capelli è molto peloso e molto soffice. Gli piace guardare gli uccelli alla finestra, ma lui è stanco ora. Troppo stanco guardare gli uccelli alla finestra.


Il gatto ha fame, ma il gatto è stanco. È un problema che molti gatti hanno. Mangiare cibo è qualcosa che ha bisogno dell gatto essere non stanco. Allora, il gatto pensa.


Cosa lui può fare del suo problema? Forse il gatto può bere tè o caffè simile alla sua persona, ma lui non ha pollici. Non può usare il bollitore, e lui è troppo piccolo per raggiungere la stufa. Tè e caffè sono troppi amori per il gatto comunque.


Forse il gatto può dormire sul suo letto, ma il letto è troppo alto. Il gatto è troppo stanco per arrampicarsi sul letto. Comunque, dormire è una idea perfetta. Forse può dormire sul pavimento.


Il gatto sdraiato sul pavimento. Il pavimento è freddo e la sua pelliccia è calda. La differenza fra buono. Allora, il gatto chiusa i suoi occhi.


Il gatto dorma. Quando il gatto svegliata, lui vorrà giocare con i suoi giocattoli e mangiare il suo cibo.


The Cat Sleeps

The cat is a small and black creature. His fur is very soft and very fluffy. He likes to look at the birds at the window, but he is tired right now. Too tired to look at the birds at the window.

The cat is hungry, but the cat is tired. A problem that many cats have. To eat food is something that needs the cat to not be tired. So, the cat thinks.

What can the cat do for his problem? Maybe the cat can drink tea or coffee similar to his person, but he has no thumbs. He can't use the kettle, and he is too small to reach the stove. Tea and coffee are too bitter for the cat anyways.

Maybe the cat can sleep on his bed, but the bed is too tall. The cat is too tired to climb on the bed. However, sleeping is a perfect idea. Maybe he can sleep on the floor.

The cat lies on the floor. The floor is cold and his fur is warm. The difference feels good. So, the cat closes his eyes.

The cat sleeps. When the cat wakes up, he will play with his toys and eat his food.

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments and follow the blog. You can also see what I have to offer on my shop and Artistree, which are linked through my profile.

Comments

Popular Posts